List of Insurance Companies we direct bill
Direct Billing Policy
- All visits performed by our Naturopathic Doctor will be billed as a "Naturopathic Visit".
- All visits performed by our Acupuncturists will be billed as an "Acupuncture Visit". For example, if you see an Acupuncturist for a Microneedling treatment, that visit will be billed as an Acupuncture visit to your insurance.
- All visits performed by our Massage Therapists will be billed as a "Massage Visit".
- There are no exceptions to the above way to billing.
- We also do not back-date receipts, split up visits into small visits or use any other members of the family's insurance if your insurance has been maxed out. Please verify with your insurance provider that you are covered for such treatments before you book a specific treatment.
- Patients are always responsible for paying the full treatment cost even if they thought they were covered by their insurance company, if their insurance got declined, maxed out, or terminated.
- Insurance submissions that come back as Pending/for Review: if we do not get an immediate answer from your insurance company, we will have to collect the full amount of the visit and re-submit your claim to be payable to Insured Member. Any amounts covered by your insurance will be paid directly to you in 5-7 business days.
- We do not direct bill to Seconday Insurance. If there's a co-pay amount, we will collect that amount up-front from you and provide a receipt for you to submit to your secondary insurance company yourself.
MVAs (Motor Vehicle Accidents)
If you have been in a Motor Vehicle Accident, you must report to your insurance company immediately then see a primary caregiver such as your Family Doctor, Chiropractor or Physiotherapist to determine the severity of your injury. Once an AB-1 form has been filled out and your are pre-approved for the 21 treatment visits, you can book with our massage therapists or acupuncturists for treatments.
Please note that you DO NOT need a doctor or chiropractor referral to see our massage therapists or acupuncturists. Once pre-approved for 21 visits, you may choose to use those visits with any practitioner you want. Under the new Alberta Minor Injury Regulation, you have 90 days from the day of the accident to receive up to 21 pre-approved treatments.
Our therapists will provide quality therapeutic treatments for you and we will forward all invoices to your insurance adjuster. All you need to bring to your first visit are your case number, proof of your pre-approved 21 visits and your insurance adjuster's e-mail and contact information.
- Green Shield
- Equitable Life
- Industrial Alliance
- Standard Life
- Chambers of Commerce
- Johnson Inc.
- Johnston Group Inc.
- First Canadian
- Maximum Benefit
- Group Source